Sunday, August 28, 2011

Powder Room Progress

I am so excited to start posting on the blog again. A lot has happened this summer. But I will fill in details later. Now onto the half bath! I am so pleased with how it is coming together.

I started with blood red walls. They were ok when we moved in 5 years ago. Over the years it has just seemed like the room was getting darker and more cave like by the day. I blame the fact that the entire house is painted with FLAT paint. Every wall. Even the kitchen was not spared.

So dark red and flat paint meant that I was not happy having guests go in there. It was finally on my to-do after having started repainting the upstairs hallway in Glidden Natural Wicker satin. The satin finish has made such a difference. I was in love. It is just a bit lighter than the tan that was already on the walls so it isn't a massive change.

The satin finish reflex te the light and it is so much brighter. Amazing how color really changes a room in so many ways. Now onto our progress pictures. I am taking them with a camera phone so don't judge.

Looking into the powder Room. I hung up the mirror frame but it is not finished yet.

And a closer look. We changed out the faucet and removed the fixtures that were very outdated and did not make sense.





No comments:

Post a Comment