Friday, January 13, 2012

January Accomplishments

Here is a recap of what we have gotten done around the house and in our lives for this month:
Painted half the kitchen - we still have the half with the cabinets to do, and touch up since David is not the best painter, but it is already more peaceful in there.
Posted morning and evening routines - I will have to update farther on with this little project which did not take much time. I got the idea from one of my new favorite blogs, I heart organizing. She has done such a great job on showing people how simple changes can make a big impact, especially in small spaces.
Mini update: seems to be going well. They love marking off what has been done. I am going post how I made it and how I plan to change it. More organizing - this has been a big one. I have a list a mile long now of more things to be put away and sorted and thrown out. Thankfully we made progress in our master bedroom, bathroom, kids bathroom, master closet, and Sebastians room. I have big plans to add more shelving into the kids closets and our office closet this year to help us further maximize storage.
Actually posting to this blog - yay for new years resolutions. I need this outlet, no matter who else sees it.
Ordering online - I ended up purchasing our 1st grade curriculum this month, along with more cloth diapers for number four, and I broke down and ordered vinyl numbers for the stairs. Spent way more than I should have so we will be working with what we have in February. I am thinking that will be a good month to start looking over the budget too. We will be doing counting practice on the stairs and the numbers have been a hit on the stairs so far. We only have 0 - 10 right now. This also makes the stairs "done" since we won't be painting that area. I will need to post pictures of this of course.

I have gotten the stair numbers up and they are amazing! I love it and I know Rose will be super excited to see it all finished. She was quite distraught to see our old numbers taken down to make way for the new. So that is the recap of what we have gotten done this January. I think I have the year started off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment