Friday, February 3, 2012

Sorely tempted

To go out and eat lunch yesterday. We had to drop off library books in the morning and I normally would have taken the opportunity to stop by McDonald's and grab a quick lunch for everyone. I didn't. And I am quite proud of myself for that.

I started a pinterest board labeled No Spend February so that if I am doing online browsing and I see something that might actually be useful I can pin it and check it out in March. I am still trying to get a ton of stuff organized around here so it is mostly closet drawer and kitchen organizing items. But it is helping me prioritize what needs to be purchased first.

I am also taking this month to try and craigslist all of the items I would have been putting in the local consignment sale I normally sell at. It was sadly cancelled and I have come to depend on the savings Soooo much. I have too much in the way of toys and clothes that are no longer the right size or I just won't use for the next kid. We will see how much I can get out of here by the end of the month.

So I am really trying hard to do this no Spend thing right. I want to make it work, clear out and clean up the house before this next little baby gets here. Plus the more stuff out means more space to put the things we really do use and love. I will probably use part of the day to price out wire shelving for closets. Ours are underutilized and we need to get stuff up and off the floors. Makes vacuuming easier I have heard. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment