Saturday, February 4, 2012

Valentine's Decorations

Since it is no spend February I used what we had and did a lot of cutting this week. The girls love it. I think it is ok. Nothing stellar but a cute and easy bit of crafting. I was first inspired by my Valentine's crafts pinterest board. There are so many fun ideas I am sure to be adding more as the month goes on.

So our inspiration was hearts. I found a heart bracelet from one of my girls to trace. We used the construction paper we had on hand and pink yarn. Then it was just cutting, stringing, and taping into place. I also cut out a bunch of hearts from felt that we also had on hand and will be attempting to sew them into vertical strips to hang as well.

So here is our mantle all done up for the month. With no money spent. I also strung a few hearts on our chandelier in the kitchen, but if you can picture string and hearts tied to the bottom you don't really need a picture. :) this and a bit of office cleaning rounded out a laid back Saturday. There are not to many of those anymore!



No comments:

Post a Comment